The Department of Chemical Sciences hosts several large instrumentations used in different research areas by researchers and students of degree and PhD courses, and in particular:
- Laboratory of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
It comprises several NMR spectrometers: a 600MHz Bruker Avance with cryoprobe, a 500 MHz Varian Inova, a 400 MHz Bruker Avance DRX, two 400MHz Bruker Avance, one of which set up to record high temperature spectra and equipped with a cryoprobe, and two 400 MHz Bruker Avance IIITM HD 400MHz, of which one equipped with a solid state wide bore probe.
- Laboratory of X-Rays Diffraction
It maintains, among other instruments, a single crystal diffractometer KappaCCD with Area Detector, two wide angle diffractometers (WAXS) PANalytical, that can also perform low temperature measures, a small angle diffractometer (SAXS) SAXSess Anton Paar, a multi-purpose small and wide angle diffractometer Empyrean. The laboratory has subscriptions to the CCDC e ICDD databases.
- Laboratory of Optical Spectroscopy, EPR and light scattering
It hosts a UV/VIS NIR Varian-Cary spectrophotometer, a JASCO J715 spectropolarimeter, a FT-IR Nicolet 5700, a FTIR microscope with ATR, a spectrofluorimeter Fluoro-max-4 HORIBA; a biomolecular NanoZetaSizer Malvern; an EPR spectrometer Bruker Elexys E500 and a Raman confocal microscope JASCO NRS-3100; a home-made Dynamic and Static Light Scattering instrument.
- Laboratory of Mass Spectrometry
- Laboratory of Calorimetry and Thermal Analysis for polymers and biomolecules
- Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for the Environment
- Laboratory of robotics for the biotechnologies
- Laboratory of Computational Chemistry
- Laboratorio di spettroscopia di dicroismo circolare CD
Il Laboratorio di spettroscopia di dicroismo circolare CD (Lab 0N-01) è costituito dalle seguenti apparecchiature: Spettropolarimetro Jasco J-1500 Generatore di azoto Bagnetto termostatato a ricircolo d'acqua.
Il regolamento all'uso è disponibile al seguente link.